Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Doctor In the House

Phew~
Finally, I'm finished reading The Memoirs of Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad: A Doctor In The House. This book contains around 800 pages and it took me around one week which average 100+ pages per day to read it. Before that, I'm reading The Malaysian Currency Crisis, One Up on Wall Street and Behavioral Trading.

In the memoirs, he mentioned about how he get sacked by Tunku Abdul Rahman, rejoined UMNO later and became the fourth Prime Minister, how he lives through after the Japanese invaded our country during World War II, how he solved the Malaysian Currency Crisis 1998, his 22 years of political struggle, how he befriend with the foreign minister to bring up the development of the country, started his economic Vision 2020 for Malaysia and so on. Through all the achievements that he has been made, he also known as our Father of Modernity or Bapa Permodenen. This book bought by my brother, ordered from MPH through online. Sorry,already I 'merasmikan' your book . XD


As a doctor,I am attracted to the optometrist measurement of vision: 2020 indicated 100 percent vision in both eyes. That's what we eventually called our plan - Vision 2020 - as it implied a clear idea of where we wanted to go and what we wanted to be by the year 2020.

[Quoted from the memoirs of Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, A Doctor in the House]

Even though, Vision 2020 or Wawasan 2020 was implemented in 1991 but this vision started to get very popular around year 2001. Even though I was just Form 1, I still remember how our school required us to sing Wawasan 2020 and how people cherished to get this vision be materialised in the future. Of course, I was very proud and hope the year of 2020 will arrive soon. Well, how many people can go through this special year? 1010? 2020? 3030? I'm one of the population that can see the development of the country to go through step by step to archive in year 2020. How I hope I will be there.

After reading the memoirs, I'm fully hope Dr. Mahathir will be there too to see how our country developed by his vision. I guess he will be around 95 years old then and I will be around 32 years old.

Both of the books above are mentioned about how the investor behave in the market and earns abnormal profit through observation, experience and targeting the right market at the right time and at the right place.
How to make use of fundamental analysis (analysis by annual report: Income statement & Balance Sheet) and technical analysis (analysis by chart, graph). 

For those who interested in the movement of stock price, definitely must read One Up on Wall Street and for those who interested in behaviour of the investor and how they they think before they trade, Behavioral Trading is definitely a book that you must read!

My next mission:


Need to finish this book before next week. With 400+ pages, I need take around 4 days.

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.  
-Charles W. Eliot-

2 comments:

zhenyu27 said...

i like u , very malaysian

Vincent Goh said...

Thank you,which part of me 'very Malaysian'?

Btw, enjoy your reading here.