Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year of 2013

Finally the beginning of the year has arrived.
Everything will be started to look new again.
My classes will be started in the next two weeks.
My project will be started in this month.
And I hope my working career will be started around this year.

In the past three months I haven't stop reading, reading and reading.
From my experience of reading, it's told me that reading adventure never ends. 
Probably it's time to slow down my reading and started to make use of what I read.
And I hope what I have read will be useful for my project and for my future job. 

My goals for myself this year:
1) Eat more fruits and sleep early.
2) Spend more time with my family and friends.
3) Have a regular excise and meditation.
4) Enjoy my life and be more adventurous.
5) Be more confident.

My goals as a Future Mathematician and Statistician this year:
1) Master Multivariate Analysis, Stochastic Analysis and Advanced Matrix Algebra. 
2) Master the use of Matlab, SAS, R, EXCEL and SPSS.
3) To finish read:

i. The Princeton Companion To Mathematics - Timothy Gowers
ii. Reading Statistics and Research - Schuyler W. Huck
iii. Euler's Gem (The Polyhedron Formula and The Birth of Topology) -David S. Richeson
iv. Prime Obsession (Bernhard Riemann and the Greatest Unsolved Problem in Mathematics) - John Derbyshire
v. The Honors Class  (Hilbert's Problems And Their Solvers) - Benjamin H. Yandell
vi. Numerical Analysis for Statisticians - Kenneth Lange
vii.100 Statistical Tests - Gopal K Kanji

Last but not least, have a happy new year!