Monday, November 25, 2013

10. Statistics

I never liked Statistics in the first place when I first studied it during Form 4, 5 and 6, especially the part Combination and Permutation. I love Mathematics more.

But here I am...doing Master of Mathematical Sciences major in Statistics. After (almost finishing) Master, I realized I don't really like Mathematics. Too abstract. 

After studied Statistics for five years ( three years in Degree and two years in Master), I'm quite curious to know how many things that I learnt. So, I check the Wiki to know what area that I have covered...

My check list:



The black line is the part that I have covered and the red circle is the part that I specialized in.

For Descriptive Statistics,
 I almost done all.

For Data Collection,
 only left the Statistical Power that I couldn't understand....

For Statistical Inference,
I think I'm doing quite well...only left a few...

For Correlation and Regression Analysis,

I learnt Regression Model during Degree and Linear Model during Master but here, I feel I only covered small area of it...

For Categorical, Multivariate, Time Series and Survival Analysis
I have covered Multivariate Analysis during Master and Time Series Analysis for project.




Conclusion: I still have a long way to go...

No comments: