Friday, November 22, 2013

7. My Goals

Only left one more week...
But here I'm still struggling...
After reading the hundred slides, I'm started to get headache...
I took a nap for two hours...
I started to think probably I'm not a math or stat person...
If I feel I'm suffering now, I can't even imagine what gonna happen for the future..

Only left one more month...
Then the year will end...

My goals for myself this year: 
1) Eat more fruits and sleep early.
2) Spend more time with my family and friends.
3) Have a regular excise and meditation.
4) Enjoy my life and be more adventurous.
5) Be more confident. 
My goals as a Future Mathematician and Statistician this year: 
1) Master Multivariate Analysis, Stochastic Analysis and Advanced Matrix Algebra. 2) Master the use of Matlab, SAS, R, EXCEL and SPSS.3) To finish read: 
i. The Princeton Companion To Mathematics - Timothy Gowers
ii. Reading Statistics and Research - Schuyler W. Huck
iii. Euler's Gem (The Polyhedron Formula and The Birth of Topology) -David S. Richeson
iv. Prime Obsession (Bernhard Riemann and the Greatest Unsolved Problem in Mathematics) - John Derbyshire
v. The Honors Class  (Hilbert's Problems And Their Solvers) - Benjamin H. Yandell
vi. Numerical Analysis for Statisticians - Kenneth Lange
vii.100 Statistical Tests - Gopal K Kanji

Hmm, looks like I'm going to fail to achieve my goal this year... 
Come on, Vincent. You can do it...maybe not.

No comments: