Wednesday, November 27, 2013

12. Cashier

I was assigned by my aunt to be a cashier yesterday.
Well, it was an easier job than making a drink.
I still don't get it why customer haven't puke after drinking my teh tarik..
Let's hope they won't get diarrhea...haha.
One thing I don't like about being the cashier is using the system.
The system is a bit messy and the word is too small! Urgh.
Another thing I hate is counting coins especially the new coin and old coin.

The noble statement issued by Bank Negara:

"This series of new coins are smaller and lighter making its more user-friendly for the public. The yellow and silver coloured coins and the edge designs enable the public and also the visually impaired to identify and distinguish the different denominations... "
User-friendly? Wut?
I almost laughed when our PM said it is a good move for blind people because it will be easier for them to distinguish between the currency values. Hello, they need to learn back how to compare the coins, how is it easier??? Maybe I'm a bit prejudice toward him but I feel whatever what he did and do, or issue is stupid.


Yesterday, I had two funny cases.
One, a group of customers were paying their bill.
I think more than 5 or 6 people.
So I read each items in the system for them because we're afraid we will key-in wrongly.
They 'took' that opportunity to ask me lot of questions.
"Why your dad is not a cashier today?" "Do you still studying?" "Are you having a holiday?" 

In the middle of counting the money, they also asked a lot of questions and making me difficult to concentrate.
I'm just smiled and waved. LOL.

Two, one handsome guy was paying for his bill.
We will usually ask," Are you a member?"
Every member entitled to 25 percent discount.
He said no but he lives in the apartment.
Then my aunt said no discount will be given.

After I'm finished printing the bill and counting the money, then he said,"Oh but I'm working in Prudential" after looking at the Member chart.
I was like... O.O
Why didn't you say so earlier???
Once you're done printing the bill, the system will automatically record the data. Kinda mafan to reverse it back.
Fine, since you have that kind of innocent look...I asked my aunt to reverse it back...Haha.
He waited quite long.
I don't think he will come again.  LOL.


No comments: